Tuesday, May 24, 2005

A new home

So this past Friday, we finally got the word that we were board approved. This means that in 37 days, Plosk and I will officially move into our new home together. We celebrated all weekend by tagsale shopping, movie watching, and uno playing with miss lori. I have finally relaxed and embraced the tempur by sleeping peacefully. No more tossing and turning at 4am. This has made for much happier mornings.

Now I just have to start packing all my books, clothing, and other possessions so we are ready for July 1st. It gives a nice amount of time to not feel rushed or bothered, but instead I'll be able to sort through old clothes and things I just don't need anymore to have a clean start at 11o1. There is something so soothing knowing that you are about to own a home. At the age of 23, I never would have imagined it. Six months ago I wouldn't have imagined it. Armani suits must wait. My money is being invested in my future.

Two of my other friends are also embarking on owning their own homes. Kar is buying a lovely studio in White Plains, while Miss Heidi.......well, I can't reveal that yet, but lets just say that I'll have a decadent place to visit whenever I feel the need to be an ex patriot. They are both feeling the anxiety I had felt before I was approved and are waiting for their own approval. Being approved is such a funny process. But we were accepted as we are. No lies or half truths. Just as ourselves. And there is nothing better than being accepted for who you are.

Everything is really "Serious" as I like to put it. In a wonderful way. And contrary to parental warnings on the way life twists you around: I only see it getting better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home