Sunday, December 11, 2005

In the Next 30 days

I can't even begin to fathom how busy this next month will be. My birthday, christmas, fondue party, King Kong, meeting with the Justice of the Peace, meeting with the photographer, picking up our marriage license, writing the ceremony, New Years, finding shoes, a ski suit, and oh yes, getting married to Plosker. It seems almost impossible for so much to take place in such a short period of time, but happily that is the case.

Tonight, Plosk has his last performance, so I have the evening to myself to write, and really try and consider what needs to be said at a Ceremony. Here are some things that will not be said: "We are gathered here today..." No boring standard greetings, no amicable safe language. This ceremony will not define the generic meaning of marriage. This will be personal and honest, and will not talk about love as some cliche. At least, that is the goal. I have about half of it written, and I'm working on the rest. We have talked for months about the philosophies that should be included. This is my first 'speech' so I'm hoping to be as clear as possible. No flowery language and metaphor that make up my fiction, but instead, I'm trying to fulfill what I believe to be the gift of a good speech writer- clarity, inspiration, and confidence in your beliefs.

I made progress yesterday afternoon, so we'll see what comes out of my brain tonight. Hopefully something inspired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home