Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Sunday

I am by no means wealthy, but I am not in the least poor. My job allows me to have certain luxeries. Plosk and I are able to travel, go out to see shows, and get the little things to make our lives and apartment more convenient and more aesthetically pleasing. Oh yeah, and we own a co op right outside of Manhattan.

In some ways, I was ruined years ago. My mother likes nice clothing. Modeling allowed me to wear sometimes hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of jewelry, clothing, shoes, etc. One day I'd be wearing Chanel diamonds, the next Balenciaga shoes, and Armani dresses. In real life I can't afford those things. This is what Outlets are for. I have Gucci pants, Armani, Stella shoes, a d & g dress and a variety of other lovely things (all for great deals). Yes, I am a bit of a designer whore. Again, I blame my mum. But as my excuse, it is hard to find nice things to wear when you're 5'9 and 110. The upscale designers (wrong or right as it may be) make clothing for a certain industry and body type, and it happens to fit mine well. JC Penny just isn't gonna do it. Maybe for socks. And yes, this is snobby. Now why am I ranting about this. Plosk and I went shopping at Woodbury commons this past Sunday. I found the most amazing dress at Dolce and gabbana. It was beautiful. Elegant, and form fitting, just my size- this was the only one they had in stock, and then I asked the price. "just over 6,000." Yeah, 6,000 dollars for a dress that's not even in season. I don't think so. But my heart did ache for it, and in fact, it still does.

Plosk did get something new and exciting though. So we were successful in that respect. A very lovely garment from Burberry's which usually isn't my style, but it doesn't scream burberry like so many of their clothes do.

Later we went into the city in the meat packing distric where Stella is, and saw some more lovely antique jewelry that was about 18,000. Maybe one day. Not today however. But Plosk did find out he's going to be the devil. I went to an audition/rehearsal with him and got to see him act and sing. Very entertaining. And enjoyable. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home