Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Negative and Positive of a busy Schedule:

Volleyball ends in just over a week. We ended up coming in 4th in our Conference. That means, we get to play a team we already beat in the quarter finals, and then move on to play in the finals on our own court. In fact, we only have 5 games left. All of them are home.

Volleyball is something I find great joy in. A successful hit, play at the net, or serve, gives a feeling of real accomplishment. I can make my body do this. After working all day, it's also nice to be able get my blood moving. The schedule has always been playing every Sunday with Q, Drew, and Plosk. For the past two months that has not happened. I have been a coach. Even though I'm around the sport for an hour and a half minimum per day, I am limited to setting, or serving at most. It is completely unsatisfying. I enjoy coaching but feel too much the spectator. I need to get back to doing things for me, playing for myself and my own skills.

I like being a coach, but I am forfeiting so much of myself to do so. I had an emotional upset last Friday because I felt as if I couldn't work on my own writing, my grad applications or anything that will move my life forward. Work and coaching are so draining and although they are important, more important things have taken the back seat. I need to focus on my book. And I need to write my grad essays. My recommendations are situated. Now it's my turn. It has been so difficult these last two months. As much as I'll miss volleyball, I will breath easier knowing it's over, and I can get back to my regular gym schedule and work towards my future. I'll have 3 months. The clock starts November 1st.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home