Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Pray to the almighty Asiaq

I am desperate for a snow day tomorrow. One last blast in the beginning of March so I can finish the 16 submissions to literary magazines that I have been working on. 3 poems and all nationally recognized magazines. Any of them would be a strong start and help me get published in the future. This is my first time submitting anything and it's quite a process to do it in bulk- but since most of these places accept 5% of 5000 submissions, it's best to send out a large number. Rejection is sadly something that writers experience over and over again. Especially new writers. We shall see.

Something that has been helping my writing is the class I'm taking- love the free class I'm able to take with a spouse who works at SLC. I'm taking Representing Indians which is basically Native American Literature. Besides for lacking a good open classroom discussion, it has been incredibly informative. The question is, do I do conference work or not...

I just started the softball season and so far it's going well. I haven't played since high school so it's nothing like coaching volleyball which I've played for over 8 years now. The girls are really into it and excited so no matter what it will be a positive season. Sadly, if I get into the masters program I won't be coaching next year.

Still waiting to hear about Germany. We need to know soon so we can get plane tickets. Otherwise we're going to have to travel somewhere else. Our belated honeymoon is needed. Our back muscles are so tight that we have been taking turns massaging each other every night. It's possible there is just a bit of stress in our lives. I can't imagine where it might be coming from. A beach is in order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home