Thursday, January 19, 2006

Early Mornings

I am of the opinion that early morning jobs take away from a person's creativity. When I wake up in the morning to an alarm, my mind has no way of acclimating to the day. I have no time to reflect on what I will do, or ponder ideas behind something I may be working on. An alarm is an abrupt and cruel interruption of the sub conscious. When I don't have to wake up for anything, I linger in bed after I have slowly woken up. I grab my computer next to my bed, and I begin to write the ideas that have been swimming in my brain. But that is only on a weekend if I'm lucky. During the week, my alarm goes off at 7 am and I'm out of the apt by 7:35. I more and more feel that this is a form of cruelty to the mind and body. Waking up naturally is the way to go. 8 or 9 am, and hello Word or Text Edit. But sadly I'm at work already. One day I'll have the morning to myself. I'll know then that I have a little bit of freedom in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home