Monday, December 19, 2005

Kitty, Monster, Bug, Mutton

This past weekend was incredibly difficult. Granted, I did many nice things, like stay at the red lion, see King Kong, and go to a Holiday party(albeit a bit sick). But I couldn't focus and enjoy a great deal of it. A few things are making me unable to focus. Being busy has caught up with me yet again. But that is to be expected.

The big thing that happened was my cat. Last week, she had gone missing for 3 days, and in the winter she never strays for more than 20 minutes. Her little ears get cold. So the fact that she was gone for so long made my entire family very upset. I didn't know if she had been taken, or was attacked, or was hurt. I was completely in the dark. And then while on my way to MA my dad called me to tell me that my brother had found my cat. She had been dead for a few days and her body was about 20 feet into the woods behind the house. My body immediately reacted and I kept wanting to kiss her little head, or throw things so she stared at them, or picked her up like an infant while she stares around. I have never cared about an animal as much as I have about her. And at only about 10 years old, she is gone. There were no marks on her body, and no obvious reason she died. She simply laid down in the snow and never got up.

Now my parents house will be a very quiet place. Without her, it won't feel like as much of a home. It's amazing what a non human presense does. It immediately makes the atomsphere warmer and much more fun. Company when no one is home. And the perfect partner for taking naps or playing with ribbon. Or simply pushing her over onto her back like the big mush she could be. She will be very missed. Blink. Blink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home