Monday, March 27, 2006

Kauai


From June 9th to June 19th, Plosk and I will be on our Honeymoon in Kauai, Hawaii! Yep, 10 nights, 11 days in beautiful, sunny, waterfall infested, white sand, lush, and luxurious Kauai. 11 days of 2 people relaxing after a very bizarre and wonderful 6 months.

Notable events of the last six months:

1. Got engaged
2. Planned a wedding
3. Plosk performed in various shows and readings
4. Dealt with the stress and issues that inevitably come with planning a wedding (note, zero of the conflicts were between me and Plosk while planning the event)
5. Applied for the Masters program at SLC
6. Got Married at the Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge MA
7. Was accepted into the SLC grad program
8. Submitted a selection of my poetry to various lit mags
9. Dealt with the aftermath of conflict that took place during the month of December before the wedding
10. Plosk took 6 credits per semester while working full time
11. I took 5 credits(starting my grad degree) while working 2 jobs - columbia and coaching
12. Painted and made the two bedrooms our own with our own designs

Well, I could go on but I shall stop and say that our trip to Kauai that was booked this morning is a much needed break and a bit of alone time for some very obvious newly weds- as we were called on Sat night. Some could describe us as nauseatingly affectionate. They wouldn't be that wrong.

Although the term husband is still strange for me to say, and I don't like being called a wife so much, being married is truly wonderful. Working together and sharing your whole person.

And he even comes with perks! As my mom said, "All I got from marrying your dad was a green card." I get a free gym, free masters degree, insurance if I want to change jobs. Yep, he's the whole package. And if he wants to work anywhere in the UK or EU, he's just has to go through me. Perks are nice. Kauai is also nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home