Thursday, June 08, 2006

1.5 days

Yep, in 1.5 days we go on our honeymoon. I have to say, the word "honeymoon" makes me feel utterly generic. I may as well go play some bingo or some other activity that nearly everyone in their life does. Perhaps that doesn't make me generic, but instead it makes me easier to relate to. I'm not really sure. In any case, I'm going on a holiday. There will be sand, fresh fruit, tropical foliage, yep foliage, and good smells. I'm pretty sure fish also live there.

Ok, I just read that first paragraph out loud to Plosk(the other generic honeymooner) and I felt dumb so rethought posting it. He then said I should post since it's kind of funny. Funny or stupid- it's a fine line.

We've been to see the kittens every night this week. Cthulu, Bobby, and double Mags are all adorable and furry. They have such distinct personalities. We know we are taking Cthulu but we're not sure which other one to take. It's a really difficult decision. They have been a ton of fun to go and visit and are becoming very socialized.

Work is still amazing- I know, I say that all the time now. But I've never said those words before this position so I don't think it's over done yet. You can tell me when it is. I'm basically running my own project now. I'll write about it another time. But lets just say it's a national organization that I have been trusted to get going. I'm loving it. Plosk called me a workaholic last night because I kept writing work emails and researching. Today I met with a bunch of dedicated high school students. I'm impacting the world in my own small way. I'm making a difference.

I'm thinking back to Columbia- and besides for seeing my co-workers(80% of them anyway) there wasn't anything exciting about that place. So I'll say it- don't work for Columbia University Press. They don't like their employees. I'm almost certain. They don't like giving you heat and they laugh at you when you suggest your air conditioner being fixed in the heat of summer. And they don't care if the bathrooms aren't working for a few hours. You'd be forced to go on toilet runs to whatever location is nearest. You may also get yelled at for moving the coffee pot. Stinky co-workers are also a symptom and loud invasive personal calls with inappropriate subject matter are a definite. Avoid that place like the plague it is. At least the Irvington location. I don't have any experience with the location in the city.

So, back to the point- I now work in heaven. Heaven with a big dog to greet me every morning and co-workers who care deeply about their jobs and about the world around them. Hooray. And now it is 1.5 days until my holiday. I will be posting pictures and writing blogs. I will also be working on my novel. Because I'm going to have 11 days of relaxing bliss.

This post was a little obnoxious and odd. For that I say- thanks for reading my sleepy mind thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home