Friday, March 16, 2007

Cavity Tooth

This is the first time in the year and a half I've been blogging that I have taken a month long break. I didn't intend to take a break, but my blog was in the far back of my mind. It's not that things here have been so busy that I haven't had time, but writing my day to day in a public forum seemed lest exciting.

Yesterday it was 67 degrees. Today there is a northeaster. It is snowing. Which couldn't come at a better time. My throat kind of hurts and I don't feel like leaving the apartment anyway.

In the last month lots has taken place. Plosk performed in Lesson, a play at SLC. He was wonderful, although the play itself I thought was too verbose. An interesting concept, but still needs revisions to get to the core of the characters. Plosk did very well and many enjoyed the show. I enjoyed watching him act as I usually do.

I also made a purchase. I've probably only used something daily candy sent me once before, but two weeks ago they sent me info on a designer called OATH. www.oathnyc.com I adored the designs. Especially one in particular. A cavity tooth. It's a silver hand cast tooth with a black diamond inserted where a cavity would normally go. One of the designers, Chenoah, was wonderful enough to meet me in Union Square to show me the piece in person. She was delightful and I bought the tooth right then and there. What made me desperately need a cavity tooth hanging around my neck you ask? My professor made an interesting statement at the beginning of the semester- that I'm obsessed with decay and the destruction of bodies. Well, obviously a cavity tooth would fit that profile pretty well.

I adore it and I wear it daily. Thank you Oath for making something truly unique. Oh, and they have other cool stuff like bobby pin earrings and a coffee bean necklace. Check them out:)

Now, to tend to my sort of sore throat and to play with kittens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home