Friday, February 02, 2007

Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World

Ok, I felt the need to write a post because it has been a while. And while there are many things happening in my professional life, I try not to write about my job online. Why am I opposed to doing that? I certainly wasn't shy writing about my job when I worked for Columbia. Perhaps the fact that I now work for a place I love has caused this shift. And because my job is now such a massive part of my life, I'm less likely to write a blog.

Many exciting things have happened with work these past weeks. Including new advertising, teaching, meeting with students, and possible future funders, but would I say more than that here? Nope.

So, Vegan Cupcakes Take over the world...What the hell is that about. Well, I'm the newest biggest fan of a Miss Isa Chandra Moskowitz and her newest book titled, well you know. Her cupcakes are moist, delicious and there are 75 recipes. At first I thought this was limiting. A whole recipe book of only cupcakes? But really, you can take these little babies anywhere you want- including family gatherings, parties, friends houses or just bake them for fun. Now if you've had vegan cupcakes or desserts before you probably know that they are usually pretty lame. Don't put your vegan cupcake judgments on these delectable morsels. They are not your standard vegan desserts. If cupcakes had a school dance, these would be the pretty popular smart girls. Anyway, buy her book and have compassionate yummy cupcakes.

So, Senior Plosk got a show:) He's been gone for most nights the last two weeks and that's going to continue until his performance in early March. How excited am I to see him in a sweater vest? Very. We've had to spend a lot of time apart lately but we're learning to make the short bursts of time we do have more worth it. We went to see The Color Purple on Broadway last night and really had fun on the train laughing and joking and just relaxing. And with work going so well now I feel I'm able to relax- well more than I was doing before. Last fall I was busting my butt trying to get to everything. With the auction over and just my main project to work on (with other stuff mixed in of course) I'm really able to stop my job from becoming my life. There is a better blend now. And happily my writing has continued on its course and is going strong.

The only thing missing now is a little more Plosk time, but that will come. I'm just looking forward to seeing him on stage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home