Saturday, January 20, 2007

Candle 79

For the past 8 months I have heard nothing from my coworkers except how fabulous Candle Cafe and Candle 79 are and how I have to go. However it's on the upper east side and I never go to the upper east side. How inconvenient I thought. When am I ever going to get there. But then I decided it was time when I had a concert at the Beacon to go to with a good friend of mine. Holy holy did we enjoy the food. Vegan food that is so delicious you crave more. (I literally did have cravings for the next few weeks) I then went back with Plosk and Steph before going downtown to union square. Yep, we went completely out of our way all for a restaurant. Again, worth the trip.

But I had still not been to Candle 79...until last night. Last night as a thank you Plosk and I took my parents out to this beautiful intimate restaurant and spent an hour and a half oohing and ahhhing at the food. We each tried everyone elses plates and just went nuts enjoying the incredible flavors packed into each dish. This is not a restaurant for vegans or for omnis but a place for anyone who wants great food. And it's healthy with lots of local produce. The health part won't even be noticeable though because the food is so excellent, you'll forget that what your eating contains no animal products and lots of things that are good for you.

On our way out my Mum took a bunch of cards to distribute amongst her friends. Plosk and I will definitely be back and I'm sure my parents will too. Even in NYC I find I am not often wowed by food. It's usually good, or very good but to be wowed is a whole other level.

Thanks you Mum and Dad for joining us for a lovely evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home