Monday, June 06, 2005

The Weekend

So, this had to be one of the most relaxing weekends I have had in a good long while. Plosk was in Texas so I had little to no excuse to laze about. I played cards with Lori and Mer, I packed some boxes, cleaned the bathroom, bedroom, and living roomish area, as well as made banana bread, wrote parts of my hope to be book, ran suicides, did crunches, and took a dip in the pool. Oh yeah, and then hung out with Plosk when he got home, playing football(american style), making dinner, and attempting to stay inside by using all human strength to lay him on the tempur in a violent manner. Despite my best efforts, we went out to the food emporium which was then closed. All turned out well as we went to Walgreens and got a heating pad for his sore chest, and my odd heel.

Besides for some unfortunate hiccups on Saturday night and a failed trip to the Turkish Baths, I would say that this is one of the best weekends I've had in a while. Granted, friendships have been causing me some troubled thoughts. But perhaps that's for a different time. Fact is, I needed the time alone and was very happy to reflect in my own company. And was just as happy when Plosk returned. We aren't as productive as we should be when we're together so the bit of time away allowed me to get to some things I had been neglecting. I think this will change when we live outside of the basement. In fact, I'm sure of it.


More packing will be needed in the next few weeks. 16 days until move in day. Breakfast on the deck, going antiquing and lovely lovely things to come.

1 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ali. This is Eric Thompson commenting. You are blessed with a great command of language. Your blog is very relaxing and enjoyable. emtdrum@hotmail.com is how you can contact me so we can solidify your attendance w/ Gary at Boca Chica this Friday night. Looking forward to hearing from you. "My" blg address is: http://right-thenleft.blogspot.com/

Please comment.
So long

 

Post a Comment

<< Home