Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Publishing

We were finally told today who will be staying on at the Press and who has been asked to leave come December 1st. I have been asked to stay for another year. I should be happy. Quite cheerful in fact. But due to a multitude of reasons, my job security is not enough to create this euphoria. I asked my boss if we were going to see a pay raise due to the fact that it will be our second year. I have more than proved myself as a worker, considering I am one of the most productive indexers this press has. I consistently push myself and have earned what I feel should be a small amount of monetary recognition. My boss claims the press doesn't have the money to give us 6 a raise. They have gone under budget with this project so my feeling is that they have been cheap although they claim poverty.

In any case, this once again motivates me to keep my eyes open for something new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home