Friday, December 30, 2005

A party?

Last night, I put together my first solo party in about, well 15 years. It started off as just a female thing- a pseudo bridal showerish kinda shindig. It was going to be all women, until I opened it up a tiny bit and invited Marko. Then I invited my brother, and soon after that, Plosk cancelled his appointment in Ct and joined us for the latter part of the festivities.

I was able to make quesadillas and fondue with our two new appliances. Both worked wonderfully. The food was eaten, and the wine was poured down gullets. There was champagne, wine, sparkling non-alcoholic cider, and of course, juices and milk. I was amazed and happy with how easy my friends, many of whom had never met, got along. Alice and Lori were quite a pair. Rita met a ton of people she had only heard about. Marko and Gary finally met, after, well, years of hearing about each other. And I saw Jess who I hadn't seen in a year and a half. Craziness.

I have to say, preparing food is stressful for a bunch of people. But lots of people helped in the kitchen and Plosk cleaned up while I had the chance to sit down and chat. That was a very welcomed surprise.

I was very impressed with my friends, many of which had never met and how easily they chatted through the night. So, mixing my worlds isn't as frightening as I thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home