Wednesday, January 11, 2006

1-7-06 at The Red Lion

This past Saturday, Plosk and I were married at The Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge MA.

We spent months perfecting the ceremony we created together. I wrote the text, while we edited and brain stormed ideas together. It was as one person said, well researched, and really expressed our own ideas and philosophies.

All I will say about the ceremony and reception is that it all went perfectly. In fact, it went better than I imagined. There was only one disappointment that has yet to be dealt with but this is not a forum for that.

I am sitting in bed writing this with a ring on my finger, and excited for my husband to get home. I really like saying and thinking that. My husband. He looked so dashing in his suit and tie. The funny part is, other than a few words, nothing has really changed. Our lives have been made easier - in the way that our society gives perks to married people. But we have lived together for nearly a year. We have owned property together since June. I have felt married since we decided to do it in September. This weekend served as a fabulous party to publicly declare what we already knew. It was a chance for us to shine with our friends and family and really live it up for a weekend. I am married. I had always attached such negative associations with that word. But really, it's exciting. I have a partner to stand by me and a person to laugh and travel with. I had him before, but this is the beginning of a new chapter.

I have said, "You are the person I choose."

A friend of mine always talks about marriage with such contentment in her face. And I don't think I understood it until this moment. This is in fact the first moment alone I have had since, well, probably a few weeks, and definitely since the wedding. The word marriage will soon shed my old associations and soon become a word that makes me feel my relationship. It will become a word of description and I will say it with a smile on my face because I will know it. There are large moments ahead, and I have the best partner I ever could have hoped for to share them with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home