Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Kauai 2

It’s a rainy Wednesday morning. The first rain we have experienced here thus far. It is also my first time online since arriving to Kauai. I felt an itch for it this morning, probably because of the rain. We want to take a walk across the beach to this cliff that is outside our hotel, but we’ll wait until the sky clears.

2 days ago we went to the Waimea Canyon. It was lovely, but what was even more lovely was the red soil and stream we found on the way down. I’ll post pictures of it when we get back, but we had a great time jumping over it and taking pictures. That little experience was probably the highlight of the trip so far.

I have found one negative thing about the island so far. They don’t mark their roads! We have found ourselves without signs to follow multiple times which has led to some frustration. My feeling is, if you have a place where tourism is vital, mark the roads and state parks! This way people won’t spend an hour driving the wrong direction over wobbly dirt roads. Alas. That was indeed frustrating.

Yesterday I took my first pilates class. I LOVED it. It felt so good on my body and gave me plenty of new tummy excersizes to do. Honestly, in Kauai where the meal portions are huge, a little ab workout can’t hurt. I will definitely be taking more pilates at slc this coming school year. It will also help with my posture. Plosk is now becoming a funny militant posture enforcer. So perhaps now I’ll finally learn to keep my shoulders back all the time, not just when I’m dressed up nicely.

So, like I said, the food is amazing. So far we’ve had great experiences at Donderos and Blossoming Lotus. Friday we are heading to Roys which I have great childhood memories of enjoying. I also passed snorkel bob’s the other day which is also a place that I remember vaguely from family banter. I’m glad we’re working out though, because otherwise, I’d go home with an extra 5 pounds. And as I’ve said to Plosk, I’m way too vain for that to happen. I don’t like changes in my body, no matter how good Donderos cheesecake is.

I’m looking forward to snorkeling and looking at all the pretty squiggling fishes. They are such beautiful creatures with their bright colours and fun shapes. No sir, I don’t want to eat them, I just want to let them swim all around me. And perhaps, if I’m reeeeaaallly lucky, I’ll get to see a turtle. I’ve seen two lizards and a seal. A turtle would make my year.

Next up will be a trip to Ke’e beach, a helicopter tour, and a luau. Oh, and we’re heading to the gym in about an hour. Not much else to do on a rainy morning.

For more info on our trip go to Plosk's site: www.garyploski.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home