Tuesday, September 12, 2006

It has been longer than usual since my last blog. But with good reason. I started school just over two weeks ago, and started coaching volleyball again. My novel writing class is excellent and I have my first conference with my professor this morning. I'm interested to see how he is one on one. Volleyball is also good. We have a talented group of girls who are really eager to learn. Four new freshman and the rest are returners. This is the best team I have seen. They still need to figure out their court awareness in relation to each other but that comes with time and getting to know one another.

Last Friday Plosk and I had a grad get together at 11o1 which was very nice. It was low key and allowed for a social gathering to end the first week of school. It was needed. A few writer friends came over and Plosk had a bunch of theatre people. It was quite funny. For much of the night the writers were in one room while the theatre people were in the other. But there was food and chatter and laughter. Our kittens made themselves a definite presence and proved they love being around people. They trust Plosk and I completely and therefore think all other humans are perfectly fine as well.

Is there anything else going on? Plosk and I are going to have a "date" tonight. We have both been so busy- he's been studying monologues for an audition he had last night and I've been reading a 300 page book in 4 days so we've had our share of homework- and that's on top of volleyball, my regular job and school. So yeah, we are going to have a date tonight. Not sure what we'll do but I'm happy to spend some time.

We did have a great weekend that culminated in our first real movie shoot yesterday. I won't say the name of the film but Plosk played a lawyer, a non speaking role but plenty of face time on the camera. I played a vacuous blond who was the lead paparazzi's girlfriend. No I'm not acting like Plosk is. I used my old modeling skills to take some pictures with the lead guy since there will be a still photo section. I stick with this thought- I can model. I can't act. Our friend Marty helped us get into the film. We auditioned and both made it. It was really funny. I was talking to the lead while we were taking photos and I was pointing to Plosk saying which guy was my husband and Jason said, "Oh, that's my lawyer." It was a really fun experience and I say, thank you Marty for giving us the helping hand to get involved.

So yes, busy lives. I always know Sept and Oct are crazy months. But I do have a date tonight and that is quite exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home