Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Rock Club in New Rochelle

Last night Plosk, Jack, Q, and I went rock climbing at a new climbing facility in New Rochelle. It was amazing. It's the biggest indoor climbing place in the area and has really nice knowledgeable staff. I would recommend "The Rock Club" to anyone at any level. They have lessons for beginners as well as a 5.13 for advanced climbers. We all did pretty well. It is a ton of upper body strength and quad work. I'm glad I didn't go to the gym before it. Ooh, and it's the perfect vegan sport as there are tons of vegan climbing shoes on the market. Plosk loved it and we'll all go again in the next two weeks since we have a free session. Go to www.climbrockclub.com. I swear, it's really fun and your arms will get the best work out they have had in years by doing this. Here are some pics:


We were at the Rock Club for about three hours with our very patient instructor Noah. He was great as was the vibe of the whole place. I think Plosk liked it more than any of us. He climbed so fast I had trouble keeping up belaying. He was a little monkey or rather a big monkey. It is definitely an odd feeling climbing straight up a wall but also very satisfying. There is a clear goal and it's just you and a wall, and hopefully someone to catch you if you fall. I did catch Plosk 3 times. Twice he fell on purpose as we were supposed to in order to test our belay person, and the third time he just plain fell. I had to have an anchor to the ground so he wouldn't pull me up.

I think this may become a pretty regular event. Perhaps once or twice a month. It's not too expensive, it's a great work out, and really fun. So thank you Noah and the Rock Club. We shall be seeing you again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home