Sunday, July 16, 2006

Lacking Focus

Plosk's birthday was this past Thursday. We relaxed, I gave him the poem I wrote for him, we ate at the Harvest, we went to Mamaroneck for some ice cream and to sit by the water, and then hung out with Jack and Alice in the evening. I called Alice after Jack's prompting and said, "You should come over tonight since Jack is here and it's Gary's birthday." I hear, "Ohhhhhhhh, I'm a terrible friend!" I said, "yes, but you can fix it by hanging out with us tonight:)" I left her no alternative. She had to come hang out and we had a lovely evening of chatting.

Plosk also had some great news come in that day but it's nothing I can talk about here. It's top secret you see.

It was a nice birthday and I'm happy for that since he doesn't get too excited about such things. It's just another day according to him, but I like when a person gets to feel just a little extra special on their bday. You don't need a parade in your honor, but just to know that the world is thinking of you, just a touch.

My stress at work is over. I finally found a back end person for the website I'm working on. Johny 5 offered his services and I happily accepted. This is after a few people tried to rip us off. Our designer remains fabulous and now I have someone she can partner with that is truly talented. I'm happy that after all of these weeks, the website is finally coming together. I know I haven't talked about what this project is, but I don't want to mix my personal blog with my work. Seems a little inappropriate. But the point is, I am really excited and I thinkt his project is going to go far.

Cthulhu and Magneto are amazing. I clipped Mag's nails the other day while she was sleeping and she didn't even wake up. She lets me pet her tongue and then clean her face. I swear these are the most comfortable cats in the world. I love having them here and I do do do spoil them. However not when it comes to scratching furniture. A spray with the water squirter takes care of that. Anyone want to know how to stop a cat from doing something, especially when they are young? They hate water. Give them a little spray and they will stop whatever it is they are doing safely.

My blog's usually have more focus than this but as it is 7:30 I am quite unfocused. Plosk and I are going to continue our season 6 marathon of Buffy while the kittens sleep on us and then we'll head to my parents for some time in the pool. Hooray.

2 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger M.K. said...

Buffy Season 6 marathon?! You are my kind of people!!! Are you working your way through the whole series - or just season 6?

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger garyploski said...

With 2 episodes left we have our sights on season 7. Indeed! Seasons 2-5 were watched before 11o1.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home