Saturday, August 19, 2006

Juvenex, Jupiter, and CUP

This past Wednesday Plosk and I had our very first massages. I figured, we would get there, change, and then get our massage and be out 60 minutes later. What I didn't know is that nice places have a whole song and dance before you even lay on the bed. First you shower, then you go into a sauna and are served cold water with lemon, then you go into a bath with full lemons floating around, then a steam room, another shower, and then you get your 60 minute massage. After the bliss that is a full body massage, they served us cucumber water, lemon water, tea and fresh fruit. Yes, it was a night of pampering all thanks to Marko and his generous wedding gift. Thank you Marko. Thank you indeed. We are going to get another one when we head to Colorado this October, that is if American Express ever sends us the information we need.

On Friday I went for a nice morning walk with my Dad and Jupiter. We walked along the aquaduct and Jupiter went nuts like she always does around me. My parents claim that something about me makes the dog go wonky but I don't really believe them. I think she's wonky all the time and they just blame it on me because they want me to think she's first in her class at puppy school. Well, she doesn't have to be first for me to like her. Then my dad and I went to the Dobbs diner. It may become a Friday ritual. That is, walking the dog, not the diner.

I came home and started working as I work from home on Fridays and then I hear from Rita about the end the grangers poetry project. The project is ending 2 months in advance and they are letting go the three women. So, these three women are really smart and qualified. One of the three men who is staying is qualified and I like him a great deal. Another, I have never met, and the other is a stinking whining sack of lazy who makes 18 personal calls a day and should not be kept on. But hey, I only worked there for a year a five months so what do I know. Hmm. Well, I'm glad that these three ladies will be moving away from CUP if only because Columbia University Press is a terrible place to work.

Tonight we are off to Westport to have dinner with Brian which will be nice. In fact I'm pretty excited to be seeing a CT person outside of Prospect. And I'm also pretty happy that in the next few months my time in CT will be limited due to school and vball. This means that I can actually live my life in NY- ya know, the place where I live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home