Thursday, July 27, 2006

Fundraising

I am the co-auction coordinator for an online auction event we are having. This isn't selling t-shirts and cds. This is obtaining donations of vacation packages, spa treatments, and celebrity experiences. It's a different kind of thing than I have ever done before. My other project is on hold for the moment. I have been completely wrapped up in this. I have to say, it's much nicer than asking for money. I have to talk to pr people and write tons of emails and put together packets as well as research places I would love to go to. It's an odd experience but excellent for my own personal skills. I plan on staying where I am for a long time but for the future, fundraising experience is a wonderful thing to have. I would never want to do it full time, but as a side project while my other one is on hold, this is quite interesting. I'm learning a ton. Plus, I get to help a wonderful non profit make money and that is very rewarding.

As for the rest of my life, I'm a little boring at the moment. We finished the seventh season of buffy, I've been doing pilates every other morning at 6am which has been helpful since the gym was closed due to all the power problems in ny from the storms. I've been playing with the kittens, and teaching them how to walk on a leash. They aren't perfect at it yet but they are learning. We also went on two 3-4 mile walks with our neighbor in the last few days. Sadly, I haven't been writing these past few weeks, since I finished Plosk's poem. My goal is to begin working on the novel again once August starts. I will have a little distance from it and be able to work daily again.

Now, this is probably just interesting to me but I'll say it anyway. We got a blender! I can now make smoothies to my heart's content! Last night for dinner I had black berries, strawberries, soy milk and tofu for my smoothy. Quite an action packed yet low calorie meal. I know I'm not in need of all low calorie meals but I have been eating lots of cookies lately and I'm trying to get all the garbage I've put in my system back out. This means, eating a bit healthier. And smoothies are delicious. I'm a little obsessed with them. But there is nothing wrong with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home