Monday, August 07, 2006

Back to School

In my life, I have never been so excited for school to start. This fall, I officially begin my masters. On Tuesdays from 9:30 to 11:30 I will be in a fiction workshop sharing ideas with other writers. Yes, I know a good many of them will be bad because no matter how good the program is, there are always bad writers in the mix. But there will also be a few writers of note, and teachers who can give their opinions on the novel I have been working on. But I think what is more exciting than anything else, is that I will be getting another degree. I am participating in something that has a beginning and an end. This is perhaps what is so wonderful about school. The cycles. I know that in three years I will be done. It is very unique. I will leave that place and be qualified to teach. I will hopefully be published by that time and excited to do something else.

Plosk and I are going to Boulder, Colorado for a long weekend in October. We are going to visit places we think we may want to live once we are done with NY. Well, after I get my masters is when we'll be thinking of gathering our things and being on our way. Neither of us want to live in our home states and I think we're both pretty keen on trying something new altogether. Colorado is very outdoors oriented and has a lot to do. It's also not the "west coast" which I'm a little suspect of.

So yes, school starts in 3 weeks. So does volleyball and my project for work. It seems like right now everything is tied in directly to acadamia. Even after I graduate and want to teach, I'll still be in that world. Or perhaps the world of non profits. Just as long as I stay away from the publishing industry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home