Monday, October 09, 2006

2 years

This Saturday I will be two years cancer free. Two whole years since my surgery. My scar hasn't gone away like I hoped it would although Plosk says it's barely noticeable. I do notice it but then again, it is my body. Plosk and I ran through a list of all our accomplishments in the last two years and I have to say, there are many. As bipolar as I've been lately with my mood (frustration from being so busy) I am doing remarkable things that I didn't know I was capable of.

My job is going extremely well and the project I've been working on it finally ready to really launch. Yes, the last 4 months have been preparation! I'm writing daily and well into my novel. I'm really happy with my first draft so far. I am handing out a large chunk tomorrow in class so we'll see if others share my pleasure. Since that is the point, others reading my work. And as for volleyball, we are 8-1. Meaning we've won 8 and lost 1. That's a pretty great record. Oh, and this November I'm joining a club volleyball team so I'll be playing thank goodness. I miss sports.

Really, everything in the last two years I have set out to do, I'm doing. And I'm doing even more than I knew I could. So why am I going a little crazy. Perhaps I'm doing too much. Volleyball will be over soon and my life will become a little more mellow. I'll welcome that. The auction I'm working on will also be over and I can give my full attention to the main project.

So really, do I think about cancer anymore. It fuels my writing. I can call upon those memories at will and not feel them intensely. I know what it's like to be sick, to have a broken body and that works wonders for my prose and for my current novel. Do I wish I didn't have cancer? Oddly enough, I don't. It helped me become closer with Plosk, helped with my writing, helped with many things. But I am very happy to be 2 years healthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home