Friday, August 12, 2005

Assistant Coach

Last Tuesday Kristy and I had a conversation on Volleyball. She was thrilled to find out that I would be interested in taking on the position as assistant coach of the slc vball team. We talked about it in detail and were both really excited about the prospect of working together. She went from being my coach 2 years ago, to my friend, and now to my co-worker. Lots of transitions.

I thoroughly miss playing volleyball for a variety of reasons. I hate normal cardio. I love being a part of an athletic group. I like the physical work out structure it provides me. I'm much more apt to run fast for a ball than I am to run for a treadmill.

In any case, Kristy and I are going to sit down and talk about what we want the season to be like, where I think my role will be as Asst Coach, and other good stuff like that. I think it will be a great learning experience and a great opportunity to try looking at a sport I love in a completely different way. Granted, I'd rather be on the court, but I have a feeling I'll still be able to do some physical activity. Like 5 minute abs...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home