Thursday, August 11, 2005

Palpitations

So it appears as if what I felt when my medication was wrong were heart palpitations. My doctor's office just called to tell me to go back onto 8 pills a week. I told her about the stress I had felt in my chest because of the high dosage of synthroid and she said, "oh, that's not good. That means you are feeling it in your heart." I asked if there was anyway to take a different dose each day altogether that would be a small step down and not involve cutting pills in half. She said no. The pills come in certain increments and the one that I would need doesn't exist. What she said was that if my palpitations came back they would have to figure out an alternate solution- otherwise put me on cardiac medication- and I'm sorry, I'm 23 and too young to be on heart meds when my heart works perfectly fine. Well, this is the peak of frustration. I'm at work and I would rather be at home curled in bed alone contemplating the horror of health and medications and what a pain in the ass they are. I'm in a stuck phase today. I feel immobile. Negative. I severely hate cancer, and the frustration that goes along with it. It has been 9 months since surgury. It should be done. Apparently it's not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home